White-hat methods are generally approved by the search engines and tend to produce results that last a long time; whereas Black-hat SEO uses tactics that is against the search engines’ terms of service such as spamming the search engines; attempt to redirect search results to particular target pages. This anticipates that their sites may eventually be Blacklisted either temporarily or permanently by search engines.
There are several things, considered ” Black-hat”, that you should never try when trying to achieve better listings.
- Keywords unrelated to site – use any keywords in your keywords meta tag that do not directly relate to the content of your page.
- Keyword stuffing – list keywords anywhere except in your keywords meta tag. By “list” we mean something like – keyword 1, keyword 2, keyword 3, keyword 4, etc.
- Keyword stacking
- Tiny Text
- Doorway pages
- Link Farms
- Cloaking – Use the same color text on your page as the page’s background color. This has often been used to keyword stuff a web page
- Hidden text
- Domain Spam
- Hidden links
- Typo spam and cyber squatting
- Mirror/duplicate content -submit identical pages. For example, do not duplicate a page of your site, give the copies different file names, and submit each one. Search engines can detect this and view it as spam.
Send us an email if you have any questions or wish to improve your site’s ranking with the White-hat methods.